It’s that time of year again . . . for Denver Senior Law Day!
In case you aren’t able to attend any of the Senior Law Day (yes, theyr’re statewide) events, you can still download the chapters of the 2018 Senior Law Handbook by going to this link on the Colorado Bar Association website. It’s an excellent source of information addressing many popular topics in Colorado estate and elder law.
Denver’s Senior Law Day will once again be held at the PPA Events Center at 2105 Decatur Street, Denver, CO 80211. Registration begins at 7:30 and the speakers’ programs and the “ask an elder law attorney” sessions run until 12:00 p.m. Attendees will take home a copy of the 2018 Senior Law Handbook, published by CLE in Colorado. Preregistration can be done by calling (303) 757-4342 or emailing SLD@DenverProbateLaw.com. Here are some of the workshop topics:
- Medicare / Medicaid Benefits / Social Security
- When Someone Dies: What to Do During the First Days
- Estate Planning: Wills, Trusts & Your Property
- Safely Living in Your Own Home: Aging in Place
- Advance Directives and Guardianship
- Colorado’s End of Life Options Act
I will be co-presenting once again with my colleague Carl Glatstein and we will be talking about advance medical directives and guardianship in Colorado. I hope to see you there!